Switching banks can be a hassle, but not with Heartland's Easy Switch. With our 3 easy steps you can make the transition to your new Heartland checking account with EASE!
Visit any Heartland Community Bank location to open an account.
- Complete attached New Account Information (PDF 57KB).
- Provide a government issued picture ID (Driver's License, Passport, or Military ID) and Social Security Card if available. Provide necessary business account documentation using our What You Will Need (PDF 32KB) checklist.
- $100 opening deposit required.
Determine which of the following forms need to be completed. Our Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist in filling out the appropriate forms.
- *Direct Deposit Change Request (PDF 41KB) - this letter will assist in switching your existing direct deposits (payroll, interest payments, social security, etc.). For changes to Social Security deposits call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm
- *Automatic Payment Change Letter (PDF 41KB) -bring list of automatic drafts and billing statements. If statements are not available, names, account numbers, mailing address, and telephone number of automatic drafts will be needed. (Ex: utilities, insurance companies, loan payments, etc.)
- *Close Account Letter (PDF 48KB) - send letter to old bank after all outstanding items have cleared. Make sure all automatic payments and deposits have been transferred to your new Heartland Account before closing old account. (This may take several weeks)
Begin using your new Heartland account!!*Each institution may require its own form to be completed. This letter will allow the institution to send you the correct form needed or make contact to verify the change request is valid.